Proclaiming the Word: Lector Training Workshop
The workshop will include:
• The ministry of Eucharist: our baptismal call to ministry
• A theology of Eucharist as celebrated in the Roman Catholic tradition
• The roots of our ministry in Scripture, the early Church, and on through the Second Vatican Council
• Historical aspects of our celebration of Eucharist in practice and devotion
• A review of the Liturgy of the Eucharist and how our ministry as EMs ‘fits’ in the larger picture
• Questions and Answers
This training meets the Archdiocesan requirements for mandation and remandation.
Lectors have a critical role in the celebration of the Mass. Since lectors proclaim not just any word, but the Word of God, it is essential that they develop the skills required to communicate God’s message competently.
Through the use of voice, eye contact and personal presence, lectors help God’s Word come alive for the assembly.
This training will provide the skills and self-confidence needed for those who wish to become lectors in their own parish or for any lector who would like a “refresher” course.