Answering the Question "Who is my Neighbor?"
What We're About
Through the monthly Community Life/Sharing Parish collection and a variety of projects throughout the year, the faith community of St. Hubert contributes money and goods to be used for the needs of both parishioners and area neighbors. Members of the Community Life Ministry coordinate the various projects and enlist the help of parishioners in accomplishing them.
Our ministry is to extend the care and concern of the parish community to people in need by
- Providing food from the monthly food collection to parish families, the area food pantry at St. Marcelline Parish, Vital Bridges (an organization that serves HIV and AIDS patients)
- Coordinating Catholic Charities monthly food help to area seniors on limited incomes
- Assisting needy parents in providing gifts for their children through the Christmas Wish tree project: getting the names and suggestions for gifts, sorting, wrapping and overseeing the distribution of gifts.
- Coordinating the making and distributing of Thanksgiving “Baskets” for needy families in the parish and neighborhood
In addition, the Community Life Outreach Coordinator oversees the distribution of financial aid to needy parishioners and neighbors to assist them with paying rent, utility and medical bills and purchasing perishable food.
Through Community Life Funds, the parish contributes to organizations such as
How Can You Help?
- Making regular contributions to the monthly Community Life/Sharing Parish Collection
- Bringing needy neighbors to the attention of the Community Life Coordinator
- Taking seriously the call to contribute to the monthly and special food drives
- Volunteering for special projects such as
- Gift sorting and wrapping
- Food sorting and distributing
- Taking gift tags from the Wish Tree
Special Assistance Needs
The Community Life Coordinator is in need of clerical assistance with computer entry of assistance records required by Catholic Charities and various filing and reporting projects.
- Computer skills
- Accuracy in data entry
To Learn More
Call: St. Hubert Community Life Coordinator at 847-885-7700
Write: St. Hubert Community Life Coordinator
St. Hubert Parish
729 Grand Canyon
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Complete the form below.
Whatever you do for one of these brothers or sisters of mine, you do it for me
- Matthew 25: 40